Register a room2018-04-23T06:53:28+00:00

Register your spare room

Cheryl talks about why you should register your spare room and the difference it would make.

Why should people support Safe Haven Community?

Because women and men need support to take that first huge step away from abuse!

Vivien Garman Konwerski

Because it could be someone you love needing help.

Terri Sutton

Because we are part of a community .

Sarah Sez

Anything that can help others in a time of need is amazing!

Sam Sarteschi

Because these people need our help.

Louise Wallace

Because HOPE starts with a HELPING hand.

Alison Parker

Because this could happen to any of us at any time, quite unexpectedly.

Lianne Quin

Australia has a critical shortage of suitable and available accommodation for people at risk of domestic abuse or homelessness…

You can help solve this problem by letting someone stay with you in your private home.

Register your spare room

You can help prevent domestic violence by providing a Safe Haven in your home. Click the button below to register your spare room. It takes less than two minutes. We will then contact you and guide you through the induction process. Simples !


Get more information first

There are many things to consider and we want to make sure you fully understand what you are signing up for. Don’t worry, we have a team of experts that are here to help you. Please call us if you have any questions so we can guide you through the process.

Call 18 000 HAVEN
(1800 042 836)

Don’t have a spare room?

If you don’t have a spare room that’s OK. There are other ways to help out. Please select an amount per week or month that you can donate and follow the prompts…

Safe Haven Community is Registered Charity. All donations are tax deductible. 100% of your donation will go to assisting people at risk of domestic abuse or homelessness.

Make a donation

You can make a huge difference

Your contribution will help someone realise everything IS going to be OK, and that they can be safe and happy again.


Police and ID checks

For security and safety reasons all Accommodation Providers must provide Police checks and 100 points of ID. The process is quick and simple. Follow these steps; 

Step 1

Head to www.check.cleartowork.com.au to start the police check process.


Step 2

At the checkout, please use the coupon code SAFEHAVEN ( in caps ). This will give you the discounted rate of $14.20 for your application as a Volunteer.

Step 3

Once you receive your email confirmation, please forward the email, along with 100 points of ID to denise@safehavencommunity.com.au

100 points can include any of the following documents;

Primary – 70 points

ALL Primary Documents are worth 70 points.

  • Birth Certificate

  • Australian Passport (Current, or expired within the previous two years, but not cancelled)

  • Australian Citizenship Certificate

  • International Passport (Current, or expired within the previous two years, but not cancelled)

  • Other document of identity having same characteristics as a passport e.g. diplomatic/refugee (Photo or Signature)

Secondary – 40/25 points

Your initial Secondary Document will score 40 points, any additional documents will be awarded 25 points each.

  • Current Licence or Permit (Government Issued)

  • Working With Children/Teachers Registration Card

  • Aviation Security Identification Card/ Maritime Security Identification Card

  • Public Employee Photo ID Card (Government Issued)

  • Department of Veteran Affairs Card

  • Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card

  • Current Tertiary Education Institution Photo ID

  • Reference from a Doctor (must have known the applicant for a period of at least 12 months

Tertiary – 25 points

  • Foreign/International Driver’s Licence
  • Proof of Age Card (Government Issued)
  • Medicare Card/Private Health Care Card
  • Council Rates Notice
  • Property Lease/Rental Agreement
  • Property Insurance Papers
  • Australian Tax Office Assessment
  • Superannuation Statement
  • Seniors Card
  • Electoral Roll Registration
  • Motor Vehicle Registration or Insurance Documents
  • Professional or Trade Association Card
  • Birth Extract

If you wish to use more than one of the documents below, they must be from different organisations

  • Utility Bills (e.g. Telephone, Gas, Electricity, Water)
  • Credit/Debit Card
  • Bank Statement/Passbook

Forward your Police Check email, along with 100 points of ID to



News updates

Get community goodness delivered straight to your inbox!


Contact Us





Please use the contact form to send your support, ideas, requests, or concerns. We will respond as soon as we are able. If you require a more immediate response you can use the number below to call and speak to us in person.

Call: 18 000 HAVEN (1800 042 836)